Did you miss Taco Tuesday? We did too. But that's okay! If you're like us, you might be planning to mix it up a little bit this week anyway. Us gardeners plan on taking a twist on our ritualistic tacos this week because we have a special summer delivery on its way to Garden Supply Company this Saturday (August 12). With the Carolina Peach Truck on it's way, we've got a tasty garden to table recipe to brighten your summer which calls for many ingredients you can pick straight from your own veggie garden. Try our Just Peachy Salsa recipe with fresh peaches after picking up your peach basket this Saturday from 2:30-4pm!
Our gallon sale located in the parking lot will be reduced to $2 per gallon this Thursday (August 10) and Friday (August 11). Pay just $2 for each gallon. For example, a 3 gallon shrub would cost $6. Then, on Saturday (August 12) and Sunday (August 13), our gallon sale will be reduced even further to $1 per gallon. Buy a 3 gallon shrub for just $3!
Just Peachy Salsa
- 2 large fresh peaches (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium tomato from the garden (diced)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper from the garden (seeds removed and diced)
- 1/2 medium red onion from the garden (diced)
- 2 tbsp cilantro from the herb garden (chopped)
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Pick as many of your fresh ingredients as possible from your own vegetable garden.
- Wash and cut fruits and vegetables as called for above.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir until evenly mixed.
- Top your tacos or serve with chips and enjoy!
*Recipe by http://www.apinchofhealthy.com
Want to know more about the Carolina Peach Truck Stop?