Fall is here. Can you smell it? We can! That's because we've got a pumpkin pie in the oven and we can't wait to share it. The recipe that is!
This recipe is easy as pie. Give it a try?!
Easy as Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin (OR try making your own puree with the instructions below!)
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven at 425°F. Mix filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into pie-crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 45 minutes or until a knife can be inserted in the center and come out clean. Allow pie to cool for about two hours. Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe by Pillsbury
Make your own pumpkin purée
Purchase a small to medium-sized pumpkin and pierce all over with ice pick or knife. Remove the stem. Preheat the oven at 350°F. Microwave your pumpkin for about ten minutes to cut on your oven-baking time. Cut your pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. (Save those for later as a roasted snack!) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pumpkin on the sheet, cut-side down. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is easily pierced with a fork. Once it's baked, remove from the oven to scoop out everything from the skin. Purée in a food processor. Drain excess water with a sieve so that you're left with a thick purée. You'll need about 2 cups for the recipe above.
In need of a pumpkin, visit our patch! We've got a fresh shipment of all types for your Fall decor.