Nothing gets us into the holiday spirit like a little DIY project. While it's easy to go out and buy any and every holiday gizmo and gadget out there, we like to go out into nature and get our hands a little dirty to create our own one-of-a-kind live wreaths. Interested in creating one yourself? Give it a try!
- wire or straw frame
- green floral wire
- wreath pins
- pruning shears
- wire cutters
- gardening gloves
- Round up all of your materials and then grab your coat to head outdoors. This is our favorite part! We work so hard keeping our landscapes beautiful through the year and now we get to use the cuttings from some of our evergreens to make more use of our trees and shrubs! Not sure what to pick? We love boxwood, fir, spruce, juniper, pine, holly, magnolia and cedar. We also like to pick a few unique pieces to make our wreaths extra special. Try Harry Lauder's walking stick, curly willow or cotton branches.
- Clear a space outdoors or spread newspaper out on a table indoors and get ready to create. First, add a piece of floral wire to the top, back of your form so that it will have something to hang from once you're done.
- Grab your fame and start from the top. Take about three to five different pieces of greenery in your hand and place them onto the frame (needles facing upward) and pin about one inch above the base of the stems.
- Continue with step three overlapping with each grouping of evergreens so that you begin covering your form.
- Add any final touches like your more unique twigs and branches or bow.
- Hang on your door or window and enjoy!
Our holiday wreath making workshops are currently all full, however, if you do decide you'd prefer one of our professionals to create a live wreath for you, be sure to stop by!