The countdown has begun. Not the big 10-9-8-7-6...before the ball drops. What we mean is the last few days of 2017 are here and that's got us wondering how the tail-end of it will go down. Celebrate a great year in the garden and welcome a new one with us by grabbing what ingredients you can from your own garden and making a toast with this Pomegranate Rosemary Ring-In recipe we love. Can you dig it?
Pomegranate Rosemary Ring-In
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice from the garden
- 4 ounces Pom juice
- 1 small bottle mango flavored soda water
- 6-8 sprigs rosemary from the garden
- 1 fresh pomegranate from the garden
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey straight from the hive
- 1 cup water
- Place water in small pan with 2-3 sprigs of rosemary fresh-picked from the garden and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar or GSCO honey to boiling water and stir until it dissolves.
- Remove liquid from heat, remove rosemary leaves and cool.
- Clean and de-seed pomegranate from the garden.
- Pour prosecco into 4 cocktail glasses evenly.
- Add 1/2 ounce of peach schnapps, 1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 ounce Pom juice and a splash of mango soda water to each glass. Stir.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds to each glass and allow pomegranate seeds time to float to the top of the glass.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of rosemary.
Recipe from http://ahouseinthehills.com.
GSCO will reopen January 2nd. Be sure to join us for our huge annual After-Christmas sale!