Fall is upon us and with the cool season veggies coming up from our garden have us saying, "Kale, yeah!" That's because we found this amazing (and super healthy) Lemon Kale Salad recipe that includes kale, Swiss chard, green onions and pumpkin seeds that we can gather straight from the backyard garden. Try this recipe with your family tonight!
Kale, yeah! Salad
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups kale from the garden
- 2 cups Swiss chard from the garden
- 4 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 once shaved pecorino Romano
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, pepper and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves in the mixture. Add leafy greens and let stand for about ten minutes.
- Warm skillet on medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and cook until brown (about five minutes). Add seeds, onions and cheese to greens. Toss and enjoy!
Don't have your Fall veggies in the ground yet? Visit Garden Supply Company and grab yours to plant anytime.
Recipe from myrecipes.com.