Do you have lettuces growing in your cool season garden? If so, we've got the perfect recipe for you straight out of one of our favorite catalogs–Seed Savers Exchange. If not, swing by! We have plenty of seed and seedlings.
Hot Bacon Dressing
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Green onion (optional)
- Hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Crumble and set to the side. Be sure to save the drippings!
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Add bacon drippings and stir.
- Drizzle dressing over your homegrown lettuces and top with bacon crumbles, green onions and hard boiled eggs.
Want to learn more about growing lettuces and other cool season veggies? Join us March 5 for our Spring Vegetables Class! Find out more or register here.